This week we had a great discussion on voting. It’s a timely issue and needs to be seriously thought about by all Christians. How should we support the existing government? Should we dissent? Is there such thing as a wasted vote? We covered the RPCNA’s voting stance (FYI the RPCNA has now backslidden on this issue), mostly focusing on the supremacy clause of the US Constitution (stating that the supreme authority is itself and the laws made) and the religious pluralism upheld by the First Amendment (explicitly denying the First Commandment). Then we discussed an article on the 9Mark website (see link below) regarding the Gospel and Culture. We encourage you all to visit the page and engage them in the comment section! Cheers folks!
Here are some recommended links for further study:
- Tanner’s Whiskey Sour recipe
- The US Constitution Weighted in the Balance
- RPCNA’s stance on voting
- Does the Gospel Include the Transformation of Society? 9Marks article
- Don’t Limit the Gospel by Joel McDurmon (video)
- What is the Gospel of Jesus Christ? by Jeff Durbin of Apologia (video)
- What is the Gospel? by John Howell (minisode)
- The Law: A City on a Hill by John Howell (sermon)
This week’s music is IV’s song Everywhere.
How can you support DatPostmil? Find out here!
Check out this week’s episode:
Listen or download, and subscribe: